View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:38 PM

Thanks TD
Sometimes Barkley's poops are on the dry/crumbly side. We give him knuckle bones as recreational bones once a week and he loves them. Although he doesn't really consume the knucklebone as you said, he definitely likes to scrape his teeth against the bone, so I wasn't sure if the small amount that he does consume would be too much when added with the bone content in his meals. As I'm sure you know, Healthy Paws is prepackaged frozen raw that is sold in the pet stores and they say that the packages of meat are balanced in terms of meat:bone ratio, but his poops are sometimes crumbly. Do you think I should start buying ground chicken etc at the supermarket to add to the Healthy Paws in order to increase the meat content?

I actually forgot to ask one other question...how many times a week is it okay to give him a raw egg? He'll be 7 months old on Monday and is still growing. He is a little on the skinny side, so we aren't too worried about over feeding at this point. Is 3-4 times a week okay to give him a raw egg (with shell) or is that too often?