View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Have you tried a canned food with simple ingredients (ie one protein source and no plant-matter)? Something like By Nature Organics would fit the bill.

Another option would be a raw food diet. There are some good commercial products that make this easier than it sounds.

Good ol' Scarf-n-Barf. Feeding her smaller, more frequent amounts is definitely a way to prevent that. This also tends to happen more with kibble since it expands when it absorbs the moisture in the stomach, so my recommendation to feed wet food (which is healthier for ALL cats anyway) still stands.

Fingers crossed that you've solved the problem! Wouldn't entirely explain why her pancreas is inflamed though.
AND with canned and raw, you can flatten out the food so the cat eats at a slower pace.

My Puddles vomiting has pretty much stopped since feeding her a quality canned/raw diet and only occurs now if she has a furball or if she is really hungry and eats too much. (I feed her 3-4 times a day)

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey