View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Red face Tues update on Mylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstandfest View Post
Well, we made it thru the night with Mylo.
The pills the vet gave me has given him a little appetite. He eats a little at a time, all night long, making sure to wake me up each time he wanted something. I tried cottage cheese , no luck, tried yogurt, no luck, so opened a can of chicken, and that got him started eating. This morning he is eating a little of his cat food again, but he is still drinking water constantly. That is not like Mylo . It seems the drainage has slowed down some too.
He pees a lot, naturally, but so far no poop. That worries me. No vomiting tho, so far. Everything stays down. He is now on antibiotics and some good bacteria for his intestines. He hates that.
To draw blood , they take it from his neck, so she said they had to sedate him to do that. I guess just enough to keep him quiet.
The vet won't be in for another 1 1/2 hours so I will keep you posted.
I really appreciate everyone help.
Cindy
My this is getting to be a regular story here.
Anyway, Mylo is still on the med for good bacteria in the intestines, and pills for his appetitie. He is still eating a little at a time, discharge subsided, but still drinking a lot of water. BUT, we had a poop today!! Now how about that!! Never thought something like that would be exciting. But get this, in the little poop was something round and hard, about the size of a marble, but not a marble, I don't have those around the house. I think this may have been some of the problem.Can't figure out why it did not show up on xrays. HMM, It may be syrofoam ball from the plant he was tearing up one day. I did not take a real close look. Yuck!
In any case, have a dr. app. tomorrow for blood work, Thinking about not going. I dont want him to have to go thru that if not necessary. He is getting better a little at a time. Will let you know if I go.
You guys out there are great, !!