View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM

Time for new fish?

Hello
It will be two months at the end of August that my tank has been up and running with the fish in it (5 zebra danios and one female beta).
My husband is eggar to get funner, brighter fish for the tank. Thing is that he doesn't want to get rid of the danios. He just wants to add to the tank as is.
The five danios range about 1.5 - 2 inches each and Beta Bertha is about 2.5 - 3 inches so the tank is a little over crowded as is (10g tank).
So this brings me to my two questions:
1) What hard facts can I give him against just going out and buying more fish to add to the tank?
2) I'm willing to get rid of the danios (either to my friend that wants to start another tank or to my father in law that has a tank that he uses to bring his pond fish in in the winter but wants something in there to look at in all the other seasons) but I really want to keep Bertha in there. So what would be a good combination of funner, colourful fish to put in there with Bertha?

She's been great with the danios. She looked annoyed with them at first but now gets right in there and plays crazily with them! Everyone looks healthy and happy, eating good and playing lots.

Thanks for all your help and advice!