View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Animal Lover

What's Your Favorite Cookie Recipe?

First of all, I hope this is in the right forum.

Secondly, in the spirit of the eating season I think it would be nice to gather different cookie recipes. I know I get stuck in the same rut year after year. This year I did find a new one I really liked well. I'm going to post two. And I cut and pasted Prin's from the TJT to get us started.

(Prin speaking) Brandy, here's mine:

1c butter
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
1.5-2 c flour

Cream butter and sugars, then add vanilla. Gradually mix in flour. Serve chilled with a spoon.

Ok, Here's my first one:

Crisper Cookies

6 Tbsp. butter 1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs 1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla powdered sugar
2 cups chocolate chips, divided

Combine butter and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Heat first amount of chips in small heavy saucepan on lowest heat, stirring until almost melted. Don't overheat. Remove from heat, stir until smooth. Add to butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Whisk together. Add to chocolate mixture in 2 additions, mixing well after each addition. Add second amount of chocolate chips. Mix well. Roll dough with 2 spoons into 1 1/2 inch balls. Arragne about 1 inch apart on greased sheets. Bake in a 350F (176.6C) degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are firm. Centers may be soft. Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.

Yields: 30 cookies

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous