View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I, like Chico, have a cat (Jay, 9 years old) who attacks the first thing he sees when he see's a strange cat outside!! usually it's another one of my cats, but he has turned on me and my husband (before we knew what was going on).

Jay is a wonderfull, loving, afectionate cat, who is never aggressive (until he see's a strange cat) So we have worked with him for 9 years!! He still does it, but we can usually stop him from attacking anyone, by talking calmly to him, ( we say " it's okay Jay, it's okay Jay" in a calm gentle voice) we also arm ourselves with pillows, to scare him if he goes to attack anyone.

We have 1 child, who is 4 now, and he has never attacked my son, we have also told my son never to go near him when he starts, (Jay lets out very loud screaming sounds, when he first see's a cat) so at least there is a warning!
the thought of getting rid of my cat, when we decided to have a child, never crossed my mind.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~