Thread: Ethel's Belly
View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
proud to be a cat slave

An update

Looks like I was a little premature last Thursday (as I suspected). Ethel's poop was still light brown and not formed. Then I had to go away for the weekend, so I had friends come in and feed the herd - I figured it would be too complicated for them to add the SEB so she didn't have it for a couple of days.

Here's what I've been doing:

I was feeding Ethel and her babies a 12oz can of Performatrin Kitten Chicken food in the morning and another one in the evening. At first I was only putting half a capsule of the SEM in with it, but then I started dividing up an entire capsule into the two bowls (I found she was eating out of the bowl without it in it ).

Anyway, there wasn't any change, so last night I bought 12oz cans of Wellness grain free Turkey to try a different protein for her. I still added the SEB, same as before..

This morning, during my morning litter scoop (sometimes I feel that's all I do every day ), I noticed a poop that was big and dark and firm.. Now I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I think this is a good sign! I don't know if it was the change in diet or the SEB kicking it - if it was the change in diet, it was immediate, and I'm not sure things happen that way..

Anyway, I'm doing a lot of to hope that things will be better from here on out..

Anyone have any idea when I can stop giving the SEB?

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)