View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM

HELP please-

I have a 5 yr old female cat who has just experienced the same symptoms as your kitty monster. She has lost the use of her hind left leg last Friday night. I took her to vet Christmas Eve and they gave her an antibiotic and fluid as well as a pain injection and antibiotic. The Xray showed a heart murmmor and cloudiness around her heart which reflects a heart infection. The infection is causing her to throw blood clots & that is why she cannot use her left hind leg. It has now been a week and she seems to be doing a LITTLE bit better. Eating a little bit more, drinking etc. She urinates fine, and seems to be putting a little more pressure on her back leg but not alot. I am taking her back to the vet on Monday for a follow up Xray to see if the infection is clearing up or not. I am at a crossroad currently because this weekend they are closed and I do not know if I need to keep her there with the vets supervision this weekend and have her on fluid again, or if she is better off at home with me unstressed. If her body does throw another clot this weekend there is the emergency vet however they are very expensive and an hour away. Should I keep her at the vet this weekend as a precaution or would she be better off at home w/ me and if another clot does form she would have to wait until Monday when the vet opens? What are the chances of her body throwing another one even though it has not in a week and she is on an antibiotic? Can anyone offer any advice?