View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
If Champion Feed Services is a co-op or not I wouldn't know. All the same to me.
No. What I mean is that I believe you were buying your dog food at a Feed Store. A Co-op. The fact that it may have said Champion on the silo doesn't mean the retailer is necessarily Champion, it simply the Co-op advertising the feed that is sold by the Co-op. Many Co-ops have single source agreements with feed services and advertising the brand is part of the agreement.

To my knowledge Champion Feed Services do not and never have had pet food manufacturing plants. And, as far as I know none of their three manufacturing locations have retail outlets of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
Well it was sort of 3 incidences all in one, many of their formula changes I didn't agree with, they didn't give sufficient notice, then they never replied to my letter. I'm sure I had sufficient reason to leave.
Interesting. The folks on the other forum all had positive comments about the changes to the ingredients. They felt quite strongly that the increase in price / smaller bag was justified given the increase in better quality ingredients and higher nutrition values. That was in regards to the Acana, I can't recall the reaction to Pacifica.

Perhaps, your letter never reached them SIA. If you mistakenly sent it to the Feed Store from which you purchased your dog food, they may not have sent it to Champion Feed Services for it to be passed along to Champion Pet Foods. And, these things do happen.

On a slightly I see Champion Pet Foods / Acana is releasing another product this year: http://www.championpetfoods.com/acana/