View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
I love those flowers Chico, I always thought they were tricky to grow but have been reading up on them and they are rated zone 4 and don't seem to mind a bit of shade...am I right?....I'm gonna have to get one or two.

My g/f in town, a friend bought her a brilliant orange one in a pot, I'm still trying to convince her to plant it in her garden, but she's not convinced and thinks it will survive better if she overwinters it in the house
Make sure Chris before you totally convince her to plant it outside that she has a perennial that is truly hardy to zone 4. Some are not. There is a mini golf course in London On that has absolutely gorgeous hibiscus. Some of the plants are around 6 or 7 feet tall and are very hardy. You know how cold London is. I would just caution her to cover it with lots of mulch over winter if she is concerned. I have two small ones here. They are not in great earth so I am thinking of moving them. Just find me the time.

Chico - yours is just beautiful!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!