View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2001, 10:24 PM

Unhappy thank you soooo much for your support

thank you liligag and mikala, and the others. i did let the neighbors know that they needed to keep their dogs on their property again, and i guess that was their last straw. things basically blew up at that point. my sister in law came over stomping, said many nasty and rude comments and very personal ones, infront of my daughter, her friends and my two sons. it was an all out yelling match on her part. i was so proud of myself, i basically kept on repeating " just keep you dogs on your property" i kept it factual, kept an even tone and even though she continued to yell and scream i stayed calm and repeated the same phrase. perhaps this annoyed her, i just stayed focused. she did say that she would put up a fence and that i should be happy now. and i agreed with her. she stomped off, wisked her 2 1/2 year old daughter off the trampoline( she was playing with my daughter and her friends )and told her that she couldn't play here no more. now that is what made this whole situation sad is that she was now involving the kids, then to make matters worse she got her parents in on this. her parents are very doating to her, she is their only daughter and she pretty well gets what she wants. i am not sure what she told her parents but within 6 hrs her father came into our home and told my husbond, his son, that he's tired of this fighting over the dogs, we needed to get our stuff out of his barns next door, we needed to move our shed because it was 3 inches on his property ( he owns about 100 ft of property between my sis in law and us ) he also said that he was putting up a fence to keep us off his property. nasty things were said between my husband and his dad, my husband says that he now regrets, but, they were said. now a week later. even though we have very hurt feelings still, things are starting to settle, at least the kids are allowed to go over there. a fence is up, and i might add, looks very nice. chainlink and painted green. mom and dad in law have been there all week doing this and planting flowers. but there are gaps under the fence where the dogs can get under and the fence falls short of the house by about 1 1/2 feet at each side that meets the house, soooo the dogs are fenced in but can get out when they please. i called the police today, because the two dogs where on our property twice and i needed to know where i stood with the law. they said that there are bylws regarding dogs at large, and any dog not contained on their property is a dog at large. they said that a formal complaint needed to be made, they would give a warning and if it continued they would be ticketed. such a sad situation! unfortunately they are making the choice for us. my husband and i talked about it and we believe this is the way it needs to go, basically they have decided to act irresponsibly so they need to deal with the consequences, we didn't make up the laws, the laws are there to protect the public. this is where we are now, any further updates, i will keep you posted. i tend to be an optimist but i am having a hard time with this one...................sincerely mary