View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail P View Post
You've seen heat stroke in the winter time, really? I'm quite surprised, I'd think hypothermia would be more likely. And how many people feed their pets only once daily (once in a 24 hour period, the same frequency that the traps must be checked). Nobody accuses once-a-day feeders of trying to starve their animals. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, just trying to play devil's advocate here...if you want to help facilitate changes that's great but these the kinds of challenges you'll be faced with from the "other side". You'll need to be prepared to meet these challenges in a manner that makes sense and suggesting to a bunch of trappers that the animals are going to suffer heat stroke in January isn't likely to fly with them. They'll write you off as a "bleeding heart" and tune you out.
Huh..I am taking about trapping animals in the summer...not winter lol Besides the main topic, that i was referring that it seems to be acceptable to drown an animal. I was only making a reference to heat stoke, for animals that are trapped during summer. Yes, are right..in winter it would be hyperthermia. Seen that too.

As for your comment about nobody accuses oonce a day feeders trying to starve their animals... not to be rude, but I didn't say that and think you are missing the point. I was making a point in leaving an animal in a trap for a 24 hour period, leaving to to possible to suffer...again whether it be heat stoke, hyperthermia, injuries, dehyration and yes even starvation..again depending on the animals body condition. All that could possible have been prevented if the regulation of checking the trap was changed. Why do you think when you went a trap, from a wildlife organziation or Humane Society, it is enforced that the trap be monitored every hour or so. For the welfare of the animal....and that pertains to domestic or wildlife.

Trappers trap animals in every season...not just winter.