View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM

Thanks for your idea but

When I moved from Vancouver to Halton my father did not want me showing up at his house with my two cats. He is anti-cat. The house I bought was not ready yet so I had to stay with him for two weeks.
It crossed my mind to leave my cats in Vancouver with a friend for two weeks and then have her put them on a plane for me. I could never leave my babies for longer.
Well all the airlines I called said they would not send pets with no owner on board.
Apparently people have used them to send drugs. I did not want to ask for details. They were adament they would not send the cats alone.
Anyways if you are wondering what I did with my cats.....it was my birthday so my sister in California sent me some money. I bought a big cage and at night I made a lovely home for my cats in it. They stayed in my dads backyard. During the day for those two weeks they were running around in his backyard. When he was not home, in his basement. They are indoor cats now but at that time coming from Vancouver I did not know where else to put them. For the two of them it was going to be expensive to put them in a pet motel and I did not have the funds. It was summer and they were content. It did not rain but had it they would have been very protected not a drop of rain would have gotten on them.
The irony is that now that I am looking to get a dog, that same cage will probably be used to crate train it if necessary. This time inside my house!

Thanks for your idea but I don't think the airlines would allow it and my sister mostly rescues big dogs.

-Kathie