View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Wellness Cat food: taste change? bad batch?

My two cats will eat between them one 12 oz can of Wellness a day. Half the can in the morning and the other half at night. Their favourite is Beef and Chicken, but I occasionally mix up the flavours. They also get a little dry food (Wellness Indoor) right before I go to bed. That's so they don't wake me up in the middle of the night because they are hungry.

I recently bought a 12 pack of Beef and Chicken on the weekend and gave them some on Sunday. They didn't touch it. However, when I gave them some dry food, they gobbled it up. Since they didn't eat much, I gave them more dry food. Monday, I try again with the Beef and Chicken can food. I come home and they didn't touch it. I toss that out and give them the other half... and again they don't touch it.

This morning, I gave them Chicken and Herring and they were eating it up! So that gets me thinking that the problem is with the food and not the cats. Is it possible that Wellness changed their formula? The 12 pack I got doesn't expire until 2012, so it's not an expiry issue. Maybe I just got a bad batch? Any thoughts?