View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:26 AM

Hi Sugarcatmom, thank you for replying and for the canned food nutrition list. I had seen a nutritional list for cans, but it was nowhere near this extensive and did not include the Fancy Feast /Friskies type foods... and I hate to say that the Fancy Feast is what she wants to eat so I have been giving it to her yesterday & today to get her back to eating, and then I will try again with the better, yet apparently less tasty, foods such as Wysong. Your point about "wasting away" really hit home for me.

Do you think then that it is more important for the food to be low in phosphorus than to be low in protein? And do you think that feeding the lesser quality foods like Fancy Feast (as compared to a Wysong or Wellness) is heavily taxing on the kidneys?

Re meds and supplements, I just started her on Mertazapine per the vet suggestion yesterday, to help open her appetite. Was advised her test results indicate no phosphorus binder needed.

No supplements yet, been reading Omega 3's could help. I would be very interested in any recommendations you may have. She is very sensitive to additions to food that may change the taste, but i will try anything.

Thanks again for all.

p.s. Do you happen to know how to convert the Phosphorus milligrams listed into percentages...?