View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Well, I think we had some success last night. Either that or the OH and I were both so tired after three nights of howling that we conked out. I didn't hear any howling at all. The OH says he did but it was only about 4 times and not on and on and on and on and on and on like the last nights. Maybe Ginger was so tired she couldn't keep it up. We'll see how it goes but so far looks like it has improved things.

I put three drops on the back of her head, just behind her ears and rubbed it in a bit at bedtime.

Ginger has never been a cuddly cat. 30 seconds of petting is all she can take and wants down or will growl and swat us away. She likes to be in the room with us but not interacting. She is quite content when I have a sewing project going on because then I'm in HER room, where she feels safe and comfortable. Unfortunately I am not sewing for a profession so I'm not there on a regular basis. A piece of our clothing doesn't seem to make a difference.

Right now we are certain there is dementia going on, she'll look in our direction but seem not to see us and howl. She'll walk through the living room, right past us, get up on the chesterfield, facing the back, and HOWL. We'll yell GINGER and she'll turn around and look at us as if to say, "Oh, there you are." Poor old thing.