View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlyminded
I have a 122 lb female Rottie. Understand they have a very very thick coat of hair. We usually go through 2 sheddings a year so I feel your pain. My dog stays indoors so everything is coated in black. It calls for alot of vaccum time. This is a natural part of life, it is normal. Yes a better quality food can make them shiney and pretty but the hair is still going to shed. I ask my groomer if there was anything I can do to help stop or speed up the process, she said use a shedder blad on her. This is the same thing I use on my horses to help rid of the winter hair.
We also use Eagle Pack food, and the hair still comes out. Each time we go through this it takes around a month. ( But I can still get hair out of her, and its always on my floor) Gotta Love her !!!!!!!!!

LOL... oh don't worry I haven't disillusioned myself to think a different food will stop her shedding - but Rosie's is a little out of control... shedding season??? You mean it's supposed to ever stop LOL

I do curry her with a rubber horse curry - it helps (and she LUVs it), but I still have a solid layer of hair on everything Approx 2 double handfuls per day - or atleast every second day - It's crazy - I don't know why she isn't bald The strange thing is that she looks great... Super shiny coat, very healthy looking, no dry skin or dandruff... just mass amounts of hair off her.

She's always been a heavy shedder, but it seems to have gotten worse as she gets older. I'll try the fish oils and vitiamin E that Luba and cactus flower suggested - I still haven't decided on whether to add it to her current food or try something new... I think I may look for a food with all that in it and try it for a month or 2 and decide where to go from there.

Thanks everyone