View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
As discussed above, it sounds as if you are in a bit of a 'rock and hard place' situation. On the other hand, things aren't dire and urgent at the moment...obviously there are pros and cons to each side, and no absolute RIGHT decision.

As you are on the spot, and have dealt with ferals, I'd say go with your gut instinct. Your idea of compromising, and trying to scoop the kittens in a week will hopefully work. With my feral kittens of '06, I wasn't able to nab them till they were 4-5 months, and was fortunate to have them all 'domesticate' fairly easily (I'd been visiting with them from a distance for a few months).

My two outdoor grown ferals didn't accept me till they were over a year in age; they're really lovey-dovey now, but only with me...largely because I'm the only person who's outside a lot (pony chores really complement feral gentling!!).

Good luck with this litter, and keep us posted.

p.s. sorry, don't recall if you've covered the spay issue in an earlier post...will you be able to hopefully livetrap or ? the momcat for spaying? I could lend my livetrap if needed...