View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
Hello guys,

Based on your experience, what is the best place for me to buy a big tank - 200 gallons tank plus?

I got a quote from BA for a 210 gallon around 1100 plus tax. I am wondering if you guys ever seen such big tanks on sale including their stands as well.

Thanks a lot
dodo
There's not any specific places I ever buy tanks. Most of our tanks were used, found on craigslist.org, and we've yet to have a problem with any of them leaking, though we always buy them under the impression that they MIGHT have to be resealed, whether the seller says so or not.

You may want to call around to several pet stores and fish stores, even smaller ones and see what kind of deals they will cut you, some fish stores will sell their tanks at or near cost because they make most of their money on other stuff. One of the fish stores we frequent has 220g tanks for right at $1,000, that includes stand, glass tops, and lights. (That's U.S money. You didn't list where you live so I'm not sure whether you're referring to Canadian money or what).

Where do you live? I may be able to refer you to a website that has good deals on aquariums, but since I'm in the U.S it may not be much help if you live elseware since shipping would probably be outrageous.

Glasscages.com has a lot of large tanks for a decent price, though their stands are pricey. I'm not sure on their shipping though.