View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmomma View Post
Well our SPCA is a no kill shelter...so I'm assuming that they will find them a home,otherwise they keep them there.
I would still ask what their policy is regarding ferals. They may be no-kill, but often that "no-kill" moniker only applies to adoptable pets. Feral cats are not necessarily adoptable. Plus, the stress on a feral cat of being cooped up indefinitely can be very detrimental to their health and wellbeing, making them even less adoptable as time goes on. It's often kinder to TNR a truly feral cat than it is to send them to a shelter, even a no-kill one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmomma View Post
I assume that kittens are adopted out faster than adult cats so I have my that they will agree to take them.
If they're friendly, yes that's usually the case. But if they are freaked out by people (and most ferals are) and there isn't someone (ie foster home) available to try to socialize them, then their adoption potential drops dramatically.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler