View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM

I would recommended male, the best mix is to have male/female, then male/male and last is female/female. Although spaying reduces some of the bitchyness females tend to squabble and bitch more. Not a rule, but if you have a choice it's best to get the opposite sex.
To start I would get the puppy it's own crate and see how it goes from there, it's a bit of a imposition on your current dog to have it give up half it's bed to a new dog. If they end up being best of pals then you can leave them together or in a divided crate, but I would recommended starting them separate.
Your best bet is to see if you can bring your dog to meet the pups and have her pick one out for you, considering it's probably most important that they get along.

You also might wanna plug to the owners about fixing their dogs, the female has just had back to back litters so its sounds (6ish months apart) which isn't healthy for the mother, and can have effects on the pups health if she starts depleting from over breeding.