View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I don't eat chili, so I don't make it either, but here's one that I've used a lot. In fact I'm making it tomorrow!

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

1 Lb. ground beef (made into meatballs with seasoning etc.)
10 oz. jar of grape jelly or jam
12 oz bottle of chili sauce

Heat the grape jelly and chili sauce in the crock pot. Once warm and mixed together, put meatballs in. Cook on low and is ready when you get home from work!

I use them for both appetizers and for dinner. When I make them for dinner, I usually serve it over rice. The combo of grape jelly and chili sauce sounds gross, but it totally rocks! If you are running short on time and need these done faster, you can brown the meatballs on a cookie sheet in the oven.

Edit to add:

I just put this together for us for dinner tonight. The amounts in this particular recipe is plenty for two people, but you may want to double up for a family. Also, if you are using the amounts above, use a smaller crock pot. I have two crock pots -- a 3 quart and a 6 quart. I use the 3 quart for the above recipe and the 6 quart when I double it up. Also, with my meatballs I just use bread crumbs for them and I personally brown them for a few minutes, just so they hold together better. I've never been crazy about dropping raw meatballs into any sauce to cook because they usually fall apart for me when I try to stir them.

Last edited by jesse's mommy; September 17th, 2006 at 04:54 PM.