Thread: Urban Wolf
View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Elderly chihuahuas R us

I ordered a large bag of Urban Wolf a year ago just to "have" it, just in case I couldn't get fresh vegetables at the store for some reason. (Because Japan is small, sometimes a really nasty typhoon will send vegetable prices through the roof for 6 weeks straight. Like, $6 for a head of lettuce. Ouch.)

What happened instead was the Fukushima nuclear accident and most of the food coming into the stores near me was what I considered "iffy"-- could be fine, but no way to know-- so it ended up being a lifesaver for us in a way I couldn't have predicted.

If you are a "prepper" and store food for your family "just in case", I think a bag of Urban Wolf might be something to consider. (Plus lots of cans of sardines and mackerel, of course, which are edible by not only humans but also dogs AND cats alike.)

That said, the other options mentioned above also seem very good. I guess the idea is to get something that can last in storage a good long time.

You can take the Urban Wolf out of its original packaging and put it into large mason jars for airtight storage if you prefer. Mine kept just fine in its original packaging for a full year despite the humid Tokyo climate, but once I opened it I transferred the rest into large storage jars.

Last edited by TokyoParrot; March 3rd, 2012 at 12:59 PM.