View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:44 PM

food suggestions for a picky puppy

My 3mo old Shih-Poo, Lulu, is a very picky eater. I brought her home almost four weeks ago and she was then "eating" Chicken Soup For the Puppy's Soul. She hated it and was under-weight. I switched to Iams out of desperation and ignorance, which she sort of likes, but gives her soft stools. I went to the my local dog specialty store a week ago and was given a couple samples of Innova Evo, which I've been mixing with the Iams for a week now. She seems to like the Evo well enough, but after reading some of the threads about Innova I'm a little freaked out. She was pretty sick tonight, vomiting and whatnot. She hasn't been like that before. She's playing now and back to her normal self. I should also say that I mix in wet food (less than a tablespoon) with her kibble. I've been using Eagle Pack for puppy. She seems to like that just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for a picky puppy with a picky system? My vet says I just have to ride it out until I find the right match. Frankly, I don't care about the expense of the food (wasting the food certainly does bother me, but I'll have to get over it!). FYI- she is no longer underweight, which is a relief! And has just gotten a clean bill of health from the vet.