Thread: Hi and Hello
View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:20 PM

Hi and Hello

Well, I already wrote this once, but my computer bugged up and restarted as I was finishing. So Im not writing that all over again. But those who do want to know about my many pets, ask, and Ill tell. I had a lot of pets in my life. I say "had" because my animals are all home on the other side of the country, and I moved away, not able to take them with me, for many reasons.
I am here however because my brother tells me there is something wrong with one the dogs. She is a lhasa apso, around 12 years old, and shes the type that has the over bite, not under bite (if that makes a difference). Anyways, she is the "perfect" weight, and has a fair diet. We always fed them Pedigree, the "flavor" for her size, and of course since we cant resist she does get table food too. Oh, and she always get her "cookies" after doing her business outside. But shes a little devil and tells us we forgot to give her a cookie and sneeks more from us haha.
Anyways, back to the problem at hand, shes getting the major sneezing fits, and she always BANGS her nose on the floor. This is causing her to get frequent nose bleeds now, and when it bleeds she sneezes more spraying lots of blood. The vet gave her some anti-biotics saying its probly an infection, but they have done nothing to stop the sneezing fits or nose bleeds. We dont believe the nose bleeds are a direct cause of her hitting her face on the floor, but doing that obviously doesnt help. Shes not sick, and she still acts like a puppy, even with a nose bleed. My brother was trying to hold her so she would bleed on the carpit, but she runs around like its a game.
Is there anything we can do to stop the sneezing fits? or anything we can give her for the nose bleeds? Any advice would be great.