View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Blood in poop! Poisoning or worms/parasites?

Hello,
So I've had my cat for about 3 years now since he was a kitten, his name is Pearly. A few months ago we gave him away to a friend who is a vet, who gave him away to a cat farm. About a week ago, we got him back and he seemed to be happy. However, when we introduced him to the litter box, he ignored it and when it was time for him to poop, he did it some place elsewhere rather than the litter box, although he knew to urinate in the box. This continued through the week. We also found drops of blood in his poop, and figured it would be caused by worms. We gave him deworming pills but this didn't seem to work. Today I took him to a different vet and he told me that he may have poisoning. He also told me that the color of his pupils are lighter than what they should be and are dilated, and he has mild gum infection. He injected him with antihistamine and told me to bring him back tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I trust the vet completely, since it is the first time we take Pearly there. I apologize for the very long paragraph but i wanted to give as many details as i can to get a more accurate answer. So can you give me any ideas on what this could be? And if Pearly's pooping out of the litter box is because he is sick? Thanks in advance!