View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2004, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
We go through the same thing sometimes.. what do you do when she whines? Do you pay attention to her? Pet her? Give her what she wants?

I found that if ou ignore her long enough she might begin to understand that acting that way will not get her attention. It's like when they whine to get out of the crate and you let them out... they begin to understand if I do this I get attention...

We have a doggie bed beside our bed and Briggs sleep in there, once and a while she sleeps in our bed, but only when invited.
Briggs used to whine when she wanted to sit on the couch with us. She would whine and whine until we would look at her and then wag her tail... that's all she wanted. BUT you have to be stern and not let it get to you.. ear plugs might help for a bit...

LOL, I could be the mirror too! That's funny, and VERY possible!
When she whines I ignore her the best I can, she really is relentless. I also tell her to be quiet in a stern voice or take her outside to pee (which she never has to) This has just recently started so I had to ask about it. Thanks for your help