View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Patience Pays Off!

I was just watching Nino playing in the kitchen and thinking how patience with our critters really pays off! We've had him for 3 years plus a bit now and he's gone from a cat who couldn't stand being petted for more than a few strokes before trying to bite to a cat who loves it. If anybody else walked past him, he'd hiss and smack the other cat. I swear he didn't know how to play. He still doesn't really like to play with the other guys, Noella is a bit too much in your face playing wise for him but they can touch noses now. He can share the food dish and eat with everybody else. He loves playing grab the hand under the covers. I think he's finally realized nobody yells at him, smacks him or anything else his former people may have done to him.

I get soo frustrated when I read oh it's been a week and he's still peeing, pooping, biting, hiding etc. Doesn't matter if it's a dog or a cat. Or it's the 'we tried everything!' how about a little patience!! Bayley was a landshark puppy but I just kept working at it and ya I got bloodied a few times, but it doesn't take much with puppy teeth. I was so happy when her adult teeth started coming in!

People need to slow down with their critters, most things worth fixing aren't a quick fix. Okay rant finished!!