View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

For a start, I am impressed, Melinda. You can grow marigolds and I have not much success with them. That first photo is just lovely, pardon my ignorance but is that a gosling? And the white flowers, is that what you call chicks and hens? No, sorry, I see you say that chicks and hens is a cactus. I haven't seen the white flower before, do you know its proper name? It looks lovely. Your water feature is very nice. What wild things would drink from it? We were asked to think about putting in a wildlife pond after the old channel system for stock and domestic water finished here and all the dams dried up but I think the run-off from rain and the overflow from our rainwater tanks will have to suffice . If there is water in the dam over summer all we get is thousands of screeching cockatoos, Brown snakes(one of the deadliest in the world) and kangaroos. Also get lambs bogged in mud if it's really low.
You've got a lovely garden, that rock retaining wall is terrific. It's so satisfying when all your work pays off, you must be very pleased with your result.