View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:26 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of advice and ways to keep him from barking. I also own a beagle who barks when we leave the house. We recently brought a mini-dachshund puppy home in hopes that it would cure his separation anxiety and it has! He no longer barks when we leave the house. I would not recommend having 2 dogs to everyone though. It's a lot of responsibility with 2 of them. Especially different breeds and different ages (Bueller is 2, Lunchbox is still a puppy at 9 months). I don't have any suggestions for breeds either. Beagle are extremely social dogs and love everyone they meet. If you're considering another dog, try your local Humane Society first. It's a great feeling to rescue a dog who otherwise may be euthanized because no one wanted him. And for added benefit, it would be easier for an older dog to adapt rather than having to train a puppy all over again. You can bring your beagle into the Humane Society to help choose a companion. Hope that helps you somewhat. Good luck.