View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Are you going to adopt another American Eskimo?? We have a 22 lb. male - he will turn 4 on April 1 - also in Canada - in Toronto. The Eskie is becoming more common in Canada now and there are many showing up on rescue sites. Health wise, so far so good which is a blessing. I am very sorry that you lost your pup to cancer, there are just so many things that can happen. We got ours after having several mini Dachshunds, with my special 2 having full body back/neck disc disease - and the horrible surgeries. Couldn't go through it again - or put them through it, so started to look for a dog that would at least have a fighting chance. The Eskie is very smart as you know -what saves us is that our 2 special Dachshunds were brilliant. I can't believe we have a fluffy white dog - especially since I mostly wear black. He doesn't blow his coat to the extent that most do - and he is ALWAYS mistaken for a girl - actually he is a very feminine guy, except when it comes to mud/dirt and then he becomes a tom-boy.