View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness
catsnatcher-CDN: if you are willing to place the 2 most feral ones as outside cats, I am willing to take them. I am going to a friend's tomorrow and I can pick up everything I need to build a very well insulated Winter shelter (she has quite a few backstreet feral cats rescued from Montreal and they have quite a palace over there). If you want, I can take pictures of the wooden area behind my house where I can build the shelter and then you can decide (or you can come and see for yourself). I have an industrial quality infrared light to heat the shelter and I can make sure they have food and water twice a day. Unfortunately, I cannot take anymore indoors cats - my family is MORE than complete. The only thing that worries me is that there is no way to make sure the cats will actually stay around when we move them, although they would likely stay where there is heat and food. Putting a collar onto them makes me uneasy as the more solid ones would not be safe and the quick release they would lose in no time. I guess we'd have to trust destiny a little with this. What do you think ?
Thanks Inverness, I am willing to leave the two most ferals outside in exchange for guaranteed warmth and 2 regular meals. Unfortunately, unless they are contained for a few months in their new location, they will most certainly escape and try to find their way back here.

The only alternative I can think of for the most feral is a responsible farmer with a heated barn who would be able to keep an eye out for their well-being and not just keep them handy as starving mice chasers.

I went to feed them under the balcony today and realized that the wind is trapping under there. So I put up a makeshift door with a vinyl plastic to stop the wind.

Thelma and Louise are the two ferals:
Attached Images