View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Clumping litter

Hello everyone!

I ended up trying out several brands of clumping litter, from the generic kind, the standard kind the grocery store sells (Maxxx Cat type), and the really expensive one i got at my local pet store.

I must say that none of the brands were satisfying to me , or to my cats for that matter.

I found that all of them did not absord the urine the way I taught it would.

I also found that it ended up costing a lot more than clay, since I had to remove almost half the contents of the litter box daily, because of the clumped urine

A 7kg supply lasted me about 2 days and a half. (I have 7 cats and 3 litter boxes)

Except for the super expensive brand, the clumping litter did not clump that well, and ended up making a "playdough" consistence mess at the bottom of the pan, which was hard to clean (I eventually gave up on one pan and tossed it in the garbage!)
I usually remove the poop and urine as soon at I hear a cat in the box. If I don't, they become very vocal and run around the house until I do!

The problem with the super expensive brand was also that some of my cats refused to use it!
It wasn't really more perfumed than the others, but they simply made their point by doing their business right beside the litterbox!
Point taken, thank you very much!

Two of the grocery store brands I purchased, I wrote an email to the company to tell them I was not pleased with the product and they gladly sent me coupons for free cat food, 2 and 3 dollars off for cat food!

It was NOT the case with the super expensive brand"s company. I recieved a very generic message telling me they were sorry I was not pleased with their product

I am back to clay...

Though I am looking into the kind that is made of clear crystals type...

Sandyrivers
Elphin April 21st 2008 m -cat
Stibule(Gino,Airell,Katla,Rasta)June 6th 2009 f- cat
Gino Ferrero April 8th 2010 m -cat
Airell Awenn Awnfenn Ep Berrth April 8th 2010 f- cat
Katla Chilam Balam April 8th 2010 f- cat
Rasta Farian Marley April 9th 2010 m- cat
Chipcat-Filou found June 12th 2011 (Ocicat 6months old) f-cat
Jane the Snow Cat rescued Dec27th 2012 f- cat