View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

These are my thoughts.
Dogs and cats are not capable of thinking logically, as humans are. Or at least they aren’t capable on the same wavelength as humans. They do not know that if they have two or three litters a year that the probability of those litters ending up living a full, complete, safe life is not good. Humans should be able to distinguish that.

I am more familiar with the cat so will address them. Cats have a litter and six months later forget that those babies are theirs. Yes, they recognize the fact that they know that kitten but they forget it’s theirs. Separate a cat from her kittens for a few months and then reintroduce them. Watch the mom’s reaction. She wants nothing to do with the kitten. Unless it’s an intact male. Then she will mate with it.

A human can (or should) be able to make a decision to have sex or not. We do not have intercourse only to reproduce. We also are not capable of spitting out 6 to 14 babies a year. A female cat can and will go into estrus at any time that an intact male is around. It does not matter that she just had a litter of kittens. Often she will abandon that litter once she becomes pregnant again. Or, worse, she will kill and eat them. Let’s hope humans are above that.

Can you imagine the euthanasia rates if all cats are allowed to reproduce whenever the spirit moves them? The illnesses, diseases, cats dying at a young age from mammary and testicular cancer? Can you? Do you want to?

And lastly, as so many others have already said, live their lives and see how quickly you decide to get your cats/dogs fixed. You get the 3 AM phone call to come take a dog away from someone who is beating the crap out of it. Or the call to pick up a litter of kittens abandoned on the side of the road. Walk in BenMax’s shoes for one day. Visit some shelters where they are about to put down 100 cats or more because they have no homes for them. Listen to some of the horror stories then decide if your dog/cat should be fixed. Heck, come visit me for the morning when I am feeding my crew.

We all value our pets’ lives. We do what is best for them. We get them fixed to extend their lives and to stop the madness.

Oh, and I AM fixed! I had my three children and made a decision to have no more. Cats and dogs can’t do that.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!