View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM

How do you deal with shedding?

As you know I got two cats and they really didn't shed much around this time last year... probably becuase they were still tiny. But now full grown, they are shedding like crazy!

I brush Kyuubi (medium hair) every day with a needle bruch and get 3-4 brush full of hair! Every so often, I use the Furminator and get a lot more out. But I'm not sure if this is just getting rid of the hair or just cutting hair out. Brushes don't seem to work on Azrael (short hair). I use my hands and can get about the equivalent of one brush full of hair.

But even still with all that, my place is littered with hair! I de-fur the couches every week and with all the hair I get out, I can make another cat! I sweep every other day, but it still feels like my place is dander central. I think since my place is small, shedding becomes much more noticable.

So is there anything else I can do? I never given Kyuubi (main culprit for the shedding) a bath, but maybe that'll help. Also he's not loosing hair, just shedding a lot. I'm even considering shaving him!

Any suggestions?