Thread: Hairballs?!
View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Willing cat servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat View Post
A wire brush like this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...317C89&first=1 is the best if that Furminator brush didn't work.

On my shorter haired cats the Furminator doesn't do a thing but the wire brush does a great job. On my long hair the Furminator work great, too great, as I have to then use the wire brush to clean up the loose hair after the furminator.

A dab (pencil erasor size) of vaseline on a front paw is a fast and cheap home hairball remedy. Used every other day for a few days is ok but if longer is needed go see the Vet. and get better stuff.
I follow the advice quoted above with my short hair who suffers from hairballs big time too.
If I use the furminator it will leave a lot of lose fur on the skin leading to more hairball problems so the wire brush was a great solution and I all together ended up just using the wire brush.
I only give the hairball remedy to Scully since she's the only one who has a hard time with furballs. My now other 2 guys (yeah a new addition to the family) have no problems with that so I don't give them anything for it.

Scully had it so bad once she was sick for about 10 days she had tests, vet visits, lack of appetite, nausea and an overall crappy feeling for her and it was here that members figure it out it was a bad case of the furballs (and indeed it was)