View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:38 PM

Angry Rhodesian Ridgeback attack !

Earlier today I did a fun quiz in a thread by Heelers Rock well its quite strange as I came out as a Rhodesian Ridgeback.The reason I say strange is because only this last weekend on Saturday in fact while out walking my female GSD Gypsey we were attacked by two of these We were walking in a park locally and while crossing a path which cuts across the park I noticed at one end in the distance two dogs with two people,Both dogs off leashes running around playing.Gypsey my dog was a few metres in front of me bussily sniffing the grass as we walked along, When suddenly I saw one of the two dogs look our way and start running towards us,The other dog senseing a chase started to follow suit,The first who was by now being called back by its owener just kept running towards us Now at first they were about 150 to 200 metres away,I orderd Gyp's to come CLOSE ! She came to me straight away thankfully and I then stood over her with my right leg tight agaist her rear and lent over her with my right arm across her chest thinking it safer to not put her on her leash and restrict her if needs be .My left leg was over her and I could now look in the direction the dogs were coming from still ignoreing thier oweners calls and closeing fast.As the first of the two came close groweling and teeth bared I shouted GO AWAY ! loud and firm but he kept comming so I punched out with left fist and caught him right on the snout.My knuckle actually made contact and caught his teeth because I ended up with a little trickle of blood on my hand after the incedent just a scratch thankfully As he bounced backwards from the blow the other dog came towards the rear end of Gyp's who by now was growling back and lungeing ,I managed to keep her in my arm and saw the dog comming in from behined so I mule kicked at him catching his left front shoulder and thankfull made a good contact which sent him sprawling.By this time the first of the two females with these dogs had the first dog hold and was attaching its leash to its collar,The other dog after getting up then ran back to its owener who wasnt far behined the first owener.As she attached her leash I stood up relaxed my grip on Gyp's and made her sit while I slipped her rope loop type leash over head ! Then I totally Exsploded on the two women not very gentlemanly and used a lot of words that maybe dont get a mention in Oxford English dictionary Both were appoligetic I was going to call the police but by the time they would have got there I think the oweners would have left the scene and as no one else was around it was a pretty much useless thing to try and report.Both dogs were Rhodesian Ridgebacks a breed I quite like but what stupid oweners to have these large powerfull dogs I think