View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:39 PM

Cool

I have been an Animatch volunteer for 6 years and have been doing the placements of dogs for the past 3. I can honestly say that all the adoption forms in the world, all the telephone conversations in the world, face-to-face meetings could not have prepared us for this. But, as in many other areas (child protection services included), we get duped and we agonize over how we could have avoided the mistake, but in the end I don't think we can. I know that with the information I had, I did what I thought was right for Donna. There are people who can fool the systems we have in place. The person who adopted Donna only finally admitted that she "lost" Donna today.

Had we known that Donna was lost or abandoned, any one of the Volunteers would have been there immediately. Unfortunately this person probably removed tags. However, even though Animatch is a well known organization in the West Island (and Donna's pic was still on our Animatch Website), we were never contacted by e-mail or telephone.

It would have been nice for all people involved to have worked together on this and alerted us.