View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Animals Are My Life <3

Sounds like an interesting show, wish I had that channel

One thing I know, as a hoarder myself, is to have a solid support system who will be honest and tell you when you are nearing the hoarding stage. Without my husband, the amount of pets I would have would be disgustingly high (along with the amount of junk I collect).

You don't see it yourself, to you it's ok, it's normal and you are doing good. To others, they see you starving yourself, your home becoming a pigsty, and animals taking over every aspect of your life.

If you don't have a strong person to back you up (by this I mean to bluntly tell you that you are hoarding), it takes over and eventually you simply give up and keep getting more and more.

Personally I have to stay away from the classifieds - free animals always wrench my heart, and I find it very difficult to say no to a needy animal, especially cats, rodents and reptiles. Without Gary, we would (still) be living with hundreds of animals that really wouldn't have much of a happy life with me (just too many to care for in one day, and it's not fair to the animals).