View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithduke View Post
If there's anywhere I know someone will understand, it's here.
I totally agree, the understanding and compassion on this board is phenomenal. Your story of Kitty brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of when I had to PTS my cat, Egypt, several years ago. He had been very sick for over a month with IBD. It wasn't supposed to kill him. But several thousands of dollars later, it was clear he was only getting weaker and sicker, and one morning he gave me "the look". It pierced my heart like a sword but I knew instantly what I had to do. My husband and I couldn't get him to the vet fast enough. I don't know how he was able to drive through the tears but thank goodness he was there because I was a complete mess. Took me a long time to recover from his death. I take solace in knowing that a bit of his soul is in his brother, Aztec, who has adopted some of Egypt's characteristics since his death.

It's never an easy decision, even when it's clear what you have to do. My heart goes out to you for your loss of Kitty and for the struggles you're facing with Howie.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler