View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM

My favorite way to cook tillipia

I absolutely love fish--but not if it's fishy tasting! Here's a really, really easy recipe that makes tillipia wonderful:

2 frozen tillipia fillets
foil
baking dish (glass preferably)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon parsley
about 2 to 4 tablespoons of butter-unsalted (or more if you really like butter )
your favorite veggies diced bite-sized (I use carrots, potatoes, and onions... sometimes red or yellow bell peppers, too, but you can add anything from asparagus to zuchinni--another good combo )

Put the tillipia fillets on the bottom, and then add the veggies on top, then sprinkle liberally with the seasonings (you can add as much as you want, I'm guessing at the amounts). The lemon pepper helps to kill the fishy taste, and the onion (in my case) helps to season the fishiness out as well. Bake it for about 45 minutes to and hour to make sure the veggies get done.

That's it! You just put it together, throw it in the oven, and set a timer. Sooo easy!! That's why I love it! By the way, if you don't like fishy tasting fish, you should also try mahi mahi--many people say it has a chicken-like taste and texture, and it's good in the above recipe as well.