View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Concordia is BIZARRE for photography. A friend of mine told me if you want to get in, just scratch up a picture with a key and pour paint on it. I got into Ryerson, which accepts only 40 people out of over 800 applicants, and Concordia told me my photos were "point and shoot". I looked on the wall and sure enough there was a picture, scraped up with paint poured on it. I almost laughed in her face. Ryerson's program is better too. They teach a lot of technique whereas concordia focuses on the art part only. Newsflash Concordia-- most "starving photographers" make money to live off of using technical photograhy...
OMG!!!! I ALMOST went to Concordia in Photography, I was accepted, but decided at the last minute that they were too artsy fartsy for me, I wanted to learn more technique, so I did a three year program at the Cégep du Vieux Montreal. I actually worked as a photographer for 2 years. I did a little bit of fashion, but mostly commercial work. But I also found that at Concordia all you had to do to get A's is scratch up a picture or blow one up really big and out-of-focus...HAHAHA what a small world!!

Unfortunetly, I've sold all my equipement to buy books for lawschool :sad: , all I have is a REALLY cheap digital camera...

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."