View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM

Just wanted to let you know my sister adopted Chanel March 11. Chanel and Roxy were separated for 2 weeks. During that time, Roxy would hiss at the closed bathroom door where Chanel was being kept. But Chanel was and is really good; never any hissing or growling, she's very curious and wants to play.

After 2 weeks, my sister left Chanel in her cage in the living room and Roxy just ignored her! Later on, Chanel had the run of the house for brief periods of time under supervision. There was a bit of fighting but no major hissing or growling. It was mostly Chanel fault; she would always jump in Roxy's face. Of course Roxy would get mad Chanel was also in heat every second week and it lasted one week During her heat, she would bug Roxy a lot; it was difficult for both of them. Her spay was scheduled for the beginning of May but was moved up the the beginning of April because of a cancellation . So things have calmed down... Since the vet visit following the surgery, they are free in the house without any supervision and everything is fine. They take turns using Roxy's bed by the window as well as the cat house in the living room. Sometimes my sister wakes up with 2 cats on her bed

They don't cuddle together or groom each other as mine do but maybe in time it will happen. But even if it doesn't, that's ok. At least they get along. So thanks for all the helpful advice! Another cat is saved!