View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree, these owners are idiots, and I'm glad to see this one is being charged. I have a feeling that what is happening is there is much more to the story than we know. Maybe Daisy is the exception to the rule, but in our old house, there was a chipmunk that used to run around the brick on the house, and Daisy would go nuts chasing it. One day it ran up the house, lost it's footing and fell on the lawn, right in front of Daisy, and she immediatly snatched it up in her mouth. I yelled at her, and she immediatly dropped it. The second thing is, the chipmunk appeared to be fine (albeit incredibly P-O'd. It hurled little chimpmunk curse words at her as it ran off). So I really scratch my head when I hear about these dogs that attack and do so much damage when the owner is there.

Also, just back to my original point, there was a rottweiler attack in Fenelon Falls on Friday. Yet I can't find this in any major paper? Why? I suggest that any media outlet covering the pit bull attack be questioned on this. This is half of our problem, and why people think it is our dogs that do the attacking!