View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Quote:
As I have said probably a thousand times over the most well "balanced" and behaved dogs I have ever come across were dogs on the various reservations I worked on.
While yes these dogs were roaming free through the streets in "packs" they posed no threat to people walking playing running ect. On my lunch breaks I would park near a dog pack and watch them interact. It was amazing, there were various breeds with in the pack be them "pitbulls" shepherds, huskies, poodle and the various mixes due to not one dog being altered.
I don't know if the dogs had homes or not, I think the neighbourhood just put out food regardless if they owned dogs or not on 2 of the reserves I worked on.
All of the dogs looked to be in perfect health, not one was fat, not one was limping, not one made me think I should throw one in my truck and get it help.
These dogs all lived "naturally"
I don't want to thread jack here but I find this fascinating Erykah. Would you mind if i started a new thread and added in your quote?
Thx - marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter