View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Hi Prin,
I'll tell you that i've never slept a whole night yet! Even as a child! Some times there is nothing you can do but wait it out and get a nap in a quiet place at work (Assuming you do).

Right now I'm on disability and away from work for just this, I have 4 kids, worked 11am to 7pm, consider at least 40 mins drive each way. Then doing all the house chores gosh! Making school lunches and dinners, I broke! I became super depressed and the insomnia got worse.

I tried all kinds of natural sleep aids (some from the U.S), tried many over the counters, prescriptions, and right now I have a prescription for a drug that is given to people who have seizures but a side affect is severe drowsyness.
IMAGINE that! I use it very sparingly.

I have followed a sleep study and it could simply be something like your blood pressure fluctuates during the night waking you up and keeping you up. I never found out why but I am used to it. I don't want to take meds so I tried excersize, even tried a crazy thing- standing on the ground (cement ot asphalt) barefoot to release trapped energy from my body. It is a holistic treatment. Since we wear rubber soled shoes all day, we need to ground the electrical activity in our bodies by standing barefoot on the gound at night. weird but it could work, but for me it didn't.

Take care, you're not alone,
Laurie
Chacha - Chipoo
3 budgies
Sam - rabbit