View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Update and HELP

Well it is getting worse between Puddles and Sweet Pea, to the point I may have to rehome Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea and Jasper are now best friends, constant companions. Since the kittens have left, Sweet Pea allows Jasper to get to the Orijen bag and there is no food aggression anymore.

Puddles and Sweet Pea on the other hand are not getting any better and Sweet Pea is actually getting worse with Puddles. Puddles is a non agressive, timid cat that will hiss and growl if Sweet Pea comes within 10 feet, but will not attack. Sweet Pea will try any way she can to sneak up on Puddles and attack. She likes to attack from behind or while Puddles is sleeping.

Currently Sweet Pea is locked in a bedroom while we are at work. When we get home Puddles is fed, then locked up in a bedroom while I do my work out and get dinner fixed. When Puddles is let out or anytime they are both free, Sweet Pea is walked with a leash and harness to stop her from attacking Puddles. I do this until bed time at which time, Puddles is fed, and brought into the bedroom to sleep for the night (door closed)

I thought the leash and harness would help get them used to each other without an attack but IT IS NOT WORKING! I allow Sweet Pea and Puddles to stare at each other as much as possible and only take Sweet Pea away when she lunges at Puddles. Things are actually worse now than when they first met and Sweet Pea's kittens were in the house. Sweet Pea actually tries to stalk Puddles like she is prey.

Tried the baby powder, keep a spray bottle with water under Puddles's chair that I spray Sweet Pea with when she attacks.

Any other suggestions, I am getting desperate, I just can't keep them seperated forever and this is not fair to Puddles.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey