View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2014, 08:31 PM

I can say with absolute confidence that it is people like you that lead to dogs getting abandoned and ending up in rescues. This person has a known condition in their dog that they have successfully used a product before that has brought about a remedy. But you perpetuate fear uncertainty and doubt thereby NEVER actually answering a question or giving reasonable opine. You just keep saying "take them to a vet".

So when your kid skins his knee do you run him to emerg and have an MRI done or do you slap some poly and a bandage on it first? You see, it is this absolutely ridiculous fear mongering that has been brought forth by the veterinary community that has led to the affordability of an animal disappearing. Your suggestion of just going straight to the vet is going to cost this individual $300 for an outcome that will be no better but will allow the vet to fuel his boat for the long weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Just because many of us have used this product (myself included) does not mean that it's the answer to the OPs problem. It might be, it might not be. Maybe the pet needs something more.

None of us have seen what the infection looks like or know how bad it is. We do not know how long it has been going on. We do not know if the infection has spread, or even if it is an infection.

I stand firmly by my instinct here. Based only on the info in this thread - the answer at this time is not polysporin. It's a vet visit.

Maybe the answer after the vet visit will be polysporin, maybe not.

Good luck sspikey.

Last edited by hazelrunpack; May 19th, 2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Please keep your posts civil