View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Yep, we've had them done. It's harder to watch that it seems to be on the dogs. Macie just had a cystocentesis done on Tuesday, in fact. No sedation usually needed. It's not particularly painful--usually the dog doesn't react at all. Not even our little wuss Grace so much as whines when she has it done. It's the best way to get a sterile sample and some of our girls are prone to UTIs so we've had the procedure done quite a bit.
Really? It sounds so painful, and my heart is aching just thinking about it hehe.
I do not want to cause her any pain. How do they know they are getting the bladder and not something else, is it dangerous? You say that some of your girls are prone to UTI's? Is the symptom blood in urine? I don't get it, Mika's urine analysis last week showed no infection, only inflammation and she had dark blood in urine but it went away for a week and is now back a little bit. Have you experienced this before? (Two weeks prior to the blood in urine she had a boo boo on her two and had a shot of antibiotics, I wonder if that shot masked the infection?) I don't know, I am worried, thinking the worst.