View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
The demons' servant

Back from work....

My oh my has Leo been busy in the bathroom. A couple of pees, a few throw ups and (wonder of wonders) a bunch of stuff from in the cupboards have been strewn about the floor. Oh we are DEFINITELY on the road to recovery here! Not only that but the lazer pointer came out and the head followed the little red dot! W00T!

So mom picked up a bit of the canned food the vet recommended while Leo's "recuperating" and we're going to give him some tonight. In the meantime, mushed up wellness was sniffed at and licked at. Its something at least.

He's fighting with me on the meds, which is a good sign. Tried the "put the pill in the cheese" attempt....not on YOUR life. Tried the "put it in a treat" attempt....not going to take that you crazy woman. Tried the "shove it down your throat" attempt....the piller is "too big" for the bloody pill. Finally mushed it up a little bit in yet another treat and it got HALFWAY down his throat before he realized it had a funky taste. Thankfully, he swallowed it. As to how much of the stuff he FINALLY got in him? who knows. Stupid pills....

Right now we're sitting on top of mom's chair cleaning ourselves, which is always a good sign. Pawz is still confused as to what's going on in life. No hard kibble down at the moment for Leo or Pawz, but that's ok.

L4H: Yeah they're on kibble at the moment and really should be on canned but I've been overfeeding them. It's really rather my fault. Little beggars. They really are experts at making you feel guilty over not giving them food.....

As to the water....normally he drinks enough (we haven't had issues as of yet) and right now with all the fluids shoved into him by the vet he's not feeling all that thirsty. He should want water later tonight.

What we (mom and I) think MIGHT have happened was that there was a chocolate chip from the muffins she baked earlier this week on the floor and Leo ate it. That would explain why he's feeling so much better this fast. If it was something hard/pointy/an object that he had eaten, he'd be feeling worse.

Megan

P.S. We are once again king of our domain because we are sitting and sleeping on mom's chair. The leather one.